WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 12, 2007

    Where is the crowd noise?

    A post by John Radcliff at the AOL Fanhouse blogs discusses, among other things, the issue of crowd noise at Mountaineer Field. Apparently the decibel levels are down from previous years, and it is reducing the edge that home field gives to WVU. I've now read comments from Louisville and Mississippi State players alike saying that they've been underwhelmed by the noise from the stands.

    One thing I noted during the Thursday game was that the stadium only got REALLY loud at one moment... the last minute of the game during which Louisville futilely attempted a last-gasp comeback. Granted, that was a good time to have a lot of crowd noise, but why can't we keep up some of that intensity throughout the rest of the game? I screamed myself hoarse the whole time, and I have pretty good vocal projection, so I think I did my part. But, short of higher supplies of alcohol, what can encourage the fans to scream louder, and more frequently? And what has caused the noise shortage in the first place?

    1 comment:

    wvlawgeek said...

    Two things have impacted this in my humble opinion. Believe it or not one of them is success. The other is that the game has priced itself out of the crazy crowds of yesterday. Let's face it that is a cost of doing business. As someone who is still recovering from a sore throat secondary to screaming my lungs out I feel I contributed mightily. I hope that this can change because the noise levels that we had during the night game against VPI a few years back was defining. I would love to see us their again. Tis a good point you make Ole JB.

    DaGeek

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?