WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 19, 2007

    Round ball

    It may be a little early to get too deep into the round ball, but just a couple thoughts. Friday's game against Tenn strikes me as much more than a benchmarking game. Every year there seams to be statement game for a program. Obviously, the rigors of the Big East can wear any team down in the win/loss column. This game has the potential to be THAT game. I'm not sold on Tenn at #7, but they certainly can run and score. It will be interesting to see how Huggie defends and if our offense can be as explosive as it was under Belein (may he rest in peace). Frankly, I think it sets the tone for the entire season. And at year end, we will probably be one of those teams under the microscope being disected on every win and loss. An early statement against a top ranked team can propel them not only into to the NCAA tournament, but put them squarely in the face of new recruits building the future of WVU basketball. Enjoy the game. (VS network, 7pm)

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I guess it is too early to be talking too much about hoops. I don't have any feelings toward UT hoops but Pearl has done an amazing job and though preseason rankings are fairly meaningless, I expect them to have one of the top programs in the country, given their vast improvement in the last couple years. Huggie's team is still learning to rebound and they haven't controlled the ball exceptionally well and UT's fast style of play could likely expose those weaknesses further. I think the future this season is bright though and I expect this game could be a valuable learning experience for the next tough opponent in Oklahoma. And regardless of the outcome of this game, I don't think Huggins is going to have much trouble recruiting in the near or distant future at WVU.

    wvlawgeek said...

    Agreed it is a tad early. I think it will be a test but I am optimistic at our chances in Jersey. I think that we have a shot. As Greg pointed out we have a chance to get a quality win that at seasons end will prove important. Go Eers!!!

    Da Geek

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?