WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, November 3, 2007

    Weezie's Thoughts

    * It looks like the Coach's poll in basketball is just as screwed up as it is in football. WVU loses only two players from a team that went 27-9 and isn't among 54 teams that received votes in the USA Today poll.

    * WVU may get passed in the BCS poll tomorrow. Strong performances by Kansas and Missouri combined with losses by Rutgers, Syracuse, South Florida and Maryland could tilt the formula enough. (We haven't played Pitt, Cincinnati, or Connecticut yet so we don't benefit from those wins.)

    * I hope some measure was taken so that we won't see Pac Man on the sidelines for the rest of this year. I wish Pac Man the best for his future, but I don't think it's the image WVU should be trying to convey.

    4 comments:

    wvlawgeek said...

    First off I want to say way to go Middies. See Roger someone esle can do it.

    In the AP we ended up 34th I think. I believe that Huggy will right that "coaches poll"ship rather quickly. This team will win a lot of non-conference games.

    WVU will not get passed by both Kansas and Missouri. Nebraska is aweful. Kansas looked good yes but Big red is little red now. I believe depending on outcome of BC game be 5th. Remember one or the other Missouri or Kansas loses to each other. All is not lost with the U Conn win. that is setting up a great showdown in Motown if we can get it done on Thursday and in Cincy. The Big East is getting pretty good at the drama at end of season thing.

    As for Pac I still have a soft spot for him. I hope that he gets back into the groove I don't know that he will but I think he stands a better chance on an NFL football feild than with idle hands. But I hear ya with regard to press.

    I am going to post my top 25 on Tuesday of each week I think you should post yours as well.

    DaGeek

    Jeremy Cooper said...

    Well, at least the initial rankings in basketball aren't as important as in football. If the team produces under Huggins, and I think they will acquit themselves nicely, then the tournament can sort things out.

    I think there's a chance we get passed in the AP poll this week by Kansas, but not probably not by Missouri. But not much would surprise me with the way the polls have gone this year.

    And I'll also note that Kansas gave up 38 points. Not a stellar performance by the vaunted defense.

    Jeremy Cooper said...

    Looks like we stay put in the BCS after BC and ASU drop but Mizzou and Kansas jumped us. You called it.

    Greg said...

    Bottom line is we only have to worry about 1 Big 12 team. Mizzou and Kansas play 24 Nov. Winner gets OK in the Big 12 Championship. Unless Ok State can upset a couple of these teams, WVU is not likely to pass the Big 12 Champ. Say hello to the Rose Bowl...not a bad consolation.

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?