WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 11, 2010

    Fan base and message board fodder what a disgusting place to be sometimes.

    I feel compelled to write this as I am a member of all the West Virginia message boards. Normally it is just a place for neurotic fan bases to air grievances and push agendas but today I have witnessed the ugliest part of this scene. A member of that board decided to attack a sports writer for posting WVU's woes with NCAA. Among things that happened were threats on his wife and posting of his address. I find this mob mentality to be deplorable. I have no problem attacking a guys thoughts or his article but that kind of stuff needs to be eliminated from the message board climate. I for one don't like negative press for my Alma mater but I also don't want the messenger to be punished for simply informing me. Whether or not an agenda is being forged WVU is at fault for WVU's mistakes. The reporters are just doing their jobs.


    Da Geek

    No comments:

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?