WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, November 17, 2007

    Phew 2!!!


    Wow that was a hell of a game!!!! Mauc is for real! It was all I could take but lets just say survive and advance! I will have more thoughts about this tomorro. Ask Oregon and Oklahoma how it feels tonight and I am guessing the feeling in the "queen city" is better.
    Quotes of the game:
    "I tried to give the game away," White said crisply. "Two fumbles -- one forced, one not. Just happy to get out with a win." -from Pat Forde ESPN.COM
    "There's always this talk of style points on ESPN," kicker Pat McAfee said. "I don't understand it. The No. 1 team in the country wins by two points every week." -from Pat Forde ESPN.COM

    DaGeek

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I'm not sure why people in Charlotte are feeling better.

    wvlawgeek said...

    Cincinnati, Ohio, after experiencing rapid growth in the early 19th century, and becoming one of the first major inland cities in the U.S., was dubbed the "Queen of the West", or the Queen City

    Anonymous said...

    I know the story. They stole the term, however, from British history which is a term used for cities named in honor British queens, such as Charlotte, NC. (the real Queen City). I hardly think Cincinnati is still the "queen of the west."

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?