WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, January 24, 2008

    WVU will Ink a JUCO Grad From University of Phoenix

    6-foot-3, 215lb., Courtney Stuart (Likely Free Safety or Bandit) will sign his letter of intent to be eligible for 3 seasons. He will graduate with an associates degree from the University of Phoenix this spring. He will report to the team in July with the rest of the the rookies. Owen Schmitt is a big reason for this latest member of our recruiting class see the quote below. Holy Schmitt is the gift that keeps on giving. Former player Dale Wolfley is a coach with the University of Phoenix JUCO program. He helped to direct Stuart toward WVU. Wolfley compared Stuart to a Ryan Mundy type of prospect. One can only hope. Anyway, I like the fact that the current players are a big part of why recruits want to be a part of this. Welcome to the team Courtney Stuart!!!
    "The biggest reason I committed was the tradition, the pride--just to be proud to be a Mountaineer. I liked the camaraderie between the players, the opportunity to come in and win and build on the tradition. "To tell you the truth, I'm a little in awe, a little emotional. I remember talking with Coach (Dale) Wolfley about a year ago. He asked me, 'How would you like to play at West Virginia?' "'That would be awesome,' I told him, 'get me to West Virginia.' A year later, coach Wolfley did it. "Seeing that Schmitt, seeing him break down at the end of the game, that's the kind of program I want to be part of. Little did I know that I would get a call from them. It makes me feel like it's a privilege. I want to give everything I got," Stuart said. - from Story By Jim Laise WVSPORTS.COM

    No comments:

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?