WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, January 19, 2008

    Reynaud?

    I see his name is not listed in the poll, but The Blue Gold News is reporting that Reynaud has decided to fore go his final year of eligibility for the NFL. They refer to it as if it is old news, but I hadn't seen it on here or heard of it anywhere until this weekend. I'm a little surprised by the decision. I wouldn't have thought that Reynaud as being projected high enough to warrant coming out early. Though I'm sure he will improve his draft status tremendously at the combine and workouts. It still seems as though coming back would have been a wiser decision. With an inexperienced tailback and a new coaching staff, I would have expected Darius to receive a significant increase in touches and scoring opportunities next year. I wish him the best in his future as he was and is one of my favorite players to watch and I believe that whomever is lucky enough to acquire him in the NFL will be getting a much greater impact player than will be anticipated.

    I have since found the press release:

    1/10/08 - Receiver Darius Reynaud will skip his final season of eligibility and enter the NFL draft. "He's going to go into the draft," his mother, Katrina, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Wednesday night. Reynaud could not be reached Wednesday and did not return messages left at his home in Luling, La., earlier in the week. WVU Coach Bill Stewart was also unavailable for comment. Reynaud's decision can't be a surprise, though. He'll graduate in May and subsequently earn back the year of eligibility he lost in 2004-05 when he sat out as an academic prop, but he submitted papers to the NFL's draft advisory committee last year. He returned to school, but the goal remained in play throughout this season. Reynaud has been engaged for more than a year to his longtime girlfriend and they have a two-year-old daughter. He submitted his paperwork to be evaluated by the advisory committee again last month. "I have to feed my daughter," he said last month. "Every time I step on the field, that's my motivation." - Mike Casazza, Daily Mail

    2 comments:

    wvlawgeek said...

    He will be really missed. I loved him on this team. What an athlete. I believe that he will be a combine killer. His measurable(s) are unbelievable. He will turn heads for sure. I wish him nothing but success at the next level and hope that we can find some help with our youth.

    DaGeek

    Anonymous said...

    I think he's currently projected in the 6th round but I think he could improve quite a bit with his strength and speed #'s at the combine. One problem he has is he is only 5'10" which goes against him no matter how fast or strong he is as a WR. It wouldn't bother me as a GM though. I think he's as skilled as Reggie Bush with moves in the open field that will cripple tacklers.

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?