WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, December 17, 2007

    So Who then...

    Any thoughts on the new coach? I think they should start with Jim Grobe (Huntington native). He once told me years ago that his dream job would be Marshall. OK, that was a LONG time ago. He could reunite with Bill Stewart since they were both assistants at Air Force in the early 90's. Maybe, that's just MY dream. So, do you go after Jimbo Fisher? Would Terry Bowden stay if he had success? How about going where Michigan wouldn't with Brian Kelly? WVU has to look appealing with the talent that...should... be coming back.

    Bottom line: It will always come down to recruiting for WVU. It's a tough place to recruit. Unfortunately, I think we'll lose more than Terrell Pryor!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I think there are a lot of options out there that could be willing to come given the good beginning they are set up to have. I think they should definitely look at trying to get Jimbo Fisher first. I don't have a problem if Terry Bowden comes. I think other good candidates could be Jerry Moore at App St., George O'Leary at UCF, ant why not take a stab at Tommy Bowden at Clemson who obviously knows the offense. If we could get Jerry Moore, it would be a pretty good burn on Michigan and we would end up with a hell of a coach. Obviously, if we get Fisher or a Bowden, recruiting would be easier.

    Greg said...

    I hate to discriminate but Jerry Moore is 68. Too old for my taste. It would certainly be held against him in Recruiting. I think the easy pick is Terry Bowden.

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?