The rest of the league is actually mathematically alive for the crown. The only team that currently lays claim to the outright title possibility is Cincinnati. If the Bear Cats can overcome the blow of losing Zack and Munchie proves to be a winner the rest of the way out they will be playing in the BCS. The rest of the league 2 loss teams are going to be anxiously watching the action in New Jersey. Rutgers, WVU, Louisville, Pitt and even Connecticut all have a shot at winning the league if the Scarlet Knights do their part and hand Cincinnati a loss this weekend.
Were Cincinnati to lose to Rutgers this weekend, this is the breakdown of the conference picture: Rutgers would own tie breakers over Pitt and Cincinnati; WVU owns tie breakers against Rutgers, UConn, and Cincinnati. Louisville owns the tie breaker with Rutgers and WVU. Cincinnati owns tiebreakers over Pitt, Louisville.
- WVU is BCS bowling if they were to win out either Louisville loses one more game or Cincinnati, UConn, or both to win out as well.
- Rutgers is BCS bowling if they win out, WVU and Louisville loses or if Cincinnati and Pitt also win out.
- Louisville is BCS bowling if they win out and Cincinnati loses an additional game, or if WVU, Rutgers win out as well.
- Cincinnati would be BCS Bowling if the win out and WVU and Rutgers fall, or if Pitt and Louisville win out as well.
- Pitt would be BCS Bowling if they win out and Cincinnati and Rutgers lose an additional game.
- UConn would need to win out and everybody else needs to lose one more. (Stranger things have happened but this seems to be the least likely eventuality.)
- Rutgers vs. Cincinnati. While Cincinnati has been to Rutgers the Achilles heal that South Florida has proven to be with WVU, Da Geek goes on record as saying that the Rutgers defense proves too much for Munchie. Rutgers in a well fought defensive struggle prevails 17 to 13.
- Connecticut vs. Louisville is an important game for both teams as well as Rutgers and West Virginia. The game is being played at the Rent but Louisville is fantastic defensively. Though WVU's title picture would be clearer with a Connecticut win I simply don't see this happening. Louisville 23 UConn 17.