WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, June 18, 2011

    From Sky-Diving to dropping bombs on Marshall going to be a heck of a ride.

    Coach Holgorsen has had an interesting ride since arriving in Morgantown. Some of it has been exciting some of it has been excessive but all of it has been interesting. I am excited by the prospect of writing about this guy for his tenure at WVU. He brings a football MENSA brain and a bit of a Fraternity Boy attitude. While, it shall be advisable for him to dial some of the public antics down a few notches it should be noted that his personality got him this far. So I am all for him cutting loose if that is necessary for him to function in the high-pressure job of College Football Head Coach. Editorial commentary aside, I am very excited by the prospects of watching him lead WVU Football into the elite category once more.

    Coach Holgorsen much like his boss Oliver Luck have made it abundantly clear that the singular goal of this football program is championships, both of the Big East and of course National variety. The above goals require some up-grading in the WVU athletic budget. I think that some measures taken by Oliver and the WVU BOG has moved us in that direction. While, I am not so fond of paying more for football tickets, I am willing to do my part. I also think I would rather pay 10 dollars for a beer at MP Stadium if I can toast the Eers come the New Year when they hoist the BCS Championship Trophy. As I understand it. Another way that WVU is going to attempt to increase revenue is to further capitalize MP Stadium with banner advertisement. And the big rumor is that WVU shall add additional high dollar seating on Press box side of stadium. So Coach Holgorsen, it looks like a commitment is being made toward the excellence you desire.

    Coach Holgorsen made an interesting comment in an interview yesterday regarding "being prepared for future conference expansion." I think he and Mr. Luck understand that standing still is going backwards, that type of progressive thought can reap some wonderful benefits. If you want to compete with the elite you need to think like them. WVU is moving in that direction. We have new leadership and it appears we have new commitment to excellence. Eer Nation get ready for some fun.

    Da Geek

    2 comments:

    Greg said...

    Anyone else watch the parachute crash landing yelling, "lift your legs, LIFT YOUR LEGS"

    I'm sure Colin Dunlap was getting ready to pen how Stew set up that jump.

    wvlawgeek said...

    @Greg now that is funny. Actually, I think that taking on a HC job is very similar to jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. I get more and more pumped when I think just how much the "air-raid" will re-energize WVU offense. As for Colin's next great article, I am sure he has some in the hopper.

    Da Geek

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?