WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, October 2, 2009

    Shame on me?

    First of all, let me admit that I have not been Coach Stewart's biggest fan. I was abhorred by last year's kickoff coverage and inability to develop a fullback to help us in short yardage. I also felt like our offensive game plan lacked comprehensiveness. I did defend the staff, however, and admit that they deserved time to learn to work together and run their own team. Now, over the beginning portion of this season, I believe that this group is beginning to gel. While the loss to Auburn is disappointing, and last night's victory over Colorado should have been more impressive, this staff has appeared to have corrected past problems and developed quite an explosive offense.

    Of course, things aren't perfect in Mountaineerland. Ball security is obviously a big problem. Now let me first say that I am a big fan of Jarrett Brown. He has a cannon for an arm and is unbelievably athletic. Additionally, he has ideal size to succeed at the next level. Unfortunately, what he doesn't have right now is a lot of experience. It has largely been his poor decision making that has kept us from blowing up the scoreboard. Of course he is also a major reason we have 3 wins right now. But let's give Mullen some credit too. If we hold on to the ball a little better and JB stops taking too many 13 yard sacks, we are going to be difficult for anybody to stop.

    2 comments:

    wvlawgeek said...

    I am hopeful that Coaches make it clear to all involved that the Cuse is going to come to play this week. They were game against USF and have been good on D all year. The Colorado game and the Auburn game have demonstrated to the Mountaineer faithful that we are both explosive and can blow up ourselves. We need to be more sound in ball protection and go get one up in Syracuse.

    Greg said...

    I'm still concerned about sideline leadership of the 'eers. I agree with your comments. But they lacked intensity against Colorado. They've got away with turnovers in 2 out of 3 games. It won't work in league play. It's time for them to step up or step aside.

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?