WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 7, 2009

    Premature Purely speculative Proud Preseason Predictions for 09' Gridders

    Well for this WVU cool-aid drinking fool it looks pretty good for the fortunes of the "good-guys" even in the post Pat White era. I see us winning 11 or more games. I would ask each of my fellow authors to speculate as well. Comments on these predictions are requested and likely jested. :)


    Sep. 5 Liberty Win

    Sep. 12 East Carolina Win
    Sep. 19 at Auburn Win
    Oct. 1 Colorado Win
    Oct. 10 at Syracuse Win
    Oct. 17 Marshall Win
    Oct. 24 Connecticut Win
    Oct. 30 at USF To Close to Call
    Nov. 7 Louisville Win
    Nov. 13 at Cincinnati Win
    Nov. 27 Pittsburgh Win
    Dec. 5 at Rutgers Win

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    It's one thing to look at the games like that and decide that they could or should win this game or that game. I would be extremely surprised or shocked if we go 10-1, however. I'm not saying in can't happen. Hell, maybe it should happen, but if we went 9-4 with Pat White, I can't see us doing much better without him. Especially since the loss of a Fullback was the reason we lost 4 games this past year.

    wvlawgeek said...

    You make an excellent point my friend. And I concur that we have much work to do but this defense could be special. I just don't think that many teams on this slate are that good therefore, I believe we can go through this schedule with relative success. As you saw in my caveat, this is a premature prediction. I will obviously have to evaluate this more after we have been into the season a bit.

    Anonymous said...

    Absolutely. The schedule appears easier than last year and it had to be difficult to accomplish that. But I've heard your criticisms and I suspect you would also be surprised to see them finish 10-1 because of the decision making problems and not the talent discrepancy.

    Greg said...

    There are a lot of question marks with this team. How they are answered will determine their season. 9-4 is a good mark. I think they can beat that if they can get consistant in their offensive performance. Defense should be solid if not very good. Losing Andrews in the secondary could prove very damaging, we'll have to wait and see. A lot will depend how Jarrett Brown handles the every down situation. I think he has a real chance to shine this year.

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?