WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, April 25, 2009

    Pat White a Pro!!!

    With the 44th pick in the NFL draft the Miami Dolphins selected the greatest player to ever where a Mountaineer uniform. Way to go Pat White!!! I could not be prouder.

    This mornings Miami Herald sports opinion section had some very nice things to say about White. But more than that it was the post-draft interview of Pat that made me even more proud of him.
    ''I just want the opportunity to play,'' White said after being selected with the Dolphins 44th overall selection. ``I had no expectations, I was just hoping someone would give me a chance, and the Dolphins have. I am grateful and ready to get to work.'' When he was asked about Mountaineer fans referring to him as the greatest ever, [Clearly talking about, at least in part, the authors of this blog.] he responded, "Everybody's entitled to their opinion. And I'm grateful to those that think so.'' You are more than welcome. And finally about his willingness to do what is required of him in the NFL. ''I can play multiple positions, so I'll see where I end up,'' White said. "I'm ready for anything.''

    All I know is I am thrilled that this ambassador of all things Mountaineer football is heading to the Pros.






    Da Geek

    1 comment:

    wvlawgeek said...

    Additionally, Ellis Lankster and Pat MacAfee went in the 7th round of the draft to Buf and Indy respectively. Congrats to these two. I shall post the un-drafted free agent list when I know.

    DaGeek

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?