WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 7, 2009

    Mountaineer Hoops Info.

    I didn't see most of the game last night so I don't want to go into too much analysis.  The box score does tell a huge story, however, and though WVU's defense appeared very solid holding UConn to under 40% shooting and forcing 18 turnovers, it should be noted that they shot 57% in the second half.  Anyway, the reason I didn't get to see much of the game is because I don't get ESPNU.  I saw a little bit of bonus coverage on ESPN2 and with about 7 minutes to go, I was able to find the game on the internet for free at channelsurfing.net   So if you can't find the game on TV (or if you're not able to be there in person), this site appears to be a good place to find games on the web.

    3 comments:

    Greg said...

    Thanks for the tip. I went to BW3's to catch the game. They played solid all night...great defensively but missed a lot of shots and Thabeet's height was certainly a problem inside. I thought we outplayed them on the perimeter and in transition. They just needed a couple more shots to fall including at the foul line!!

    This team is going to upset a couple of the big boys. It's just a matter of time. Hopefully, it's Pitt on the 25th.

    wvlawgeek said...

    Amen on the sPitt idea!!! I was at the game and I can tell you we belonged. Truth be told Alex doesn't miss those shots very often. Just untimely, otherwise we just lost a really close game to a really good team.

    DaGeek

    Anonymous said...

    I agree with what you guys are saying. Defensively, we pressure very well and the turnover difference indicates that. But the rebounding disparity does cause some concerns. UConn probably has as much size as anyone else we will play, but the rest of the season will certainly be much more physical than the first part. If playing against size causes Butler to continue to be in foul trouble, and/or we continue to have trouble on the glass, we will have a tough time winning games. Optimistically, however, I expect we will be competitive against everyone we play.

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?