WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, October 12, 2008

    4-2 What does it mean?

    We are half way done with the season. Where are we? For WVU fans everywhere this seems to be the question. I don't presume to have the answers and that is very disturbing. You see, when Rich Rod was here I knew where we stood. I simply can not get a read on this team. The defense has once again been the difference between 4-2 and 2 and 4. Without them we would be lost completely. The truth is that we are still in the hunt for a BCS bowl (mathematically), but are we realistically? We have now beaten the two cellar dwellers of our conference. That means that we now face tougher contests from here on out.

    Every year under the previous leadership we were cruising by this time. Right now we are, to say the least, struggling as an offence. The offense is offensive as was coined earlier this year on this blog. I listen to the state-wide sportsline and hear Greg Hunter espouse the party line, ""we lost 2/3s of our offensive firepower from last year." So what? Every college of any clout loses talent every year. Not every college returns Noel Devine or Pat White. Hunter also said that Oklahoma is not a legit perennial top 10 team. So I guess you consider the source. I am sick and tired of the Stuart staff apologists. Coming from me that should carry some clout, as I swallow the Mountaineer cool aid by the gallon. The fact is that we are under-achieving!!! We are being out-coached on the offensive side of the ball. How exactly do we underachieve when we have the best duel-threat quarterback to ever play the game? Part of that answer, in my humble opinion, is under-utilization. As was stated by Weezie earlier this year, limiting Pat's touches is simply ridiculous. Let me be clear, I am not criticising the staff for keeping him out of the Syracuse game for injury reasons. It is when he is in the game that I have problems with his utility.

    Auburn is our next contest. At the beginning of the season that might have meant something, however right now it is a game that can deliver nothing for us. It will not further legitimize a good season, as they have not one vote in either polls, and it will not hurt us in the Big East race, barring any injuries. It is just a mid season "who cares." I really never thought I would approach this game like that but that is what has developed. Obviously, I want to win and I will be wearing my gold at the game on that Thursday night.

    So where does that leave this team?

    I truly hope it leaves us in the hunt for the Big East Championship. WE SHALL SEE.

    Da Geek

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Wow! Is somebody posting under Da Geek's name. 'Cause that didn't sound like the kool-aid drinking maniac I know. Auburn meaningless? I guess you're right. I suppose the conference people will view it as an important game, 'cause if we were to win the conference w/ 3 or 4 losses, people will definitely let us know we're still not legitimate. I suppose being legitimate is just a fading pipe dream now.

    Dick said...

    Was it bad play calling or just poor execution??? The real EERS haven't shown up yet, While Auburn may not be the Auburn of old but they can get it together, but will we also. I don't like to hear the Boo birds but how else can we express our immediate displeasure. The coaches don't deserve all the blame, as they have enough to go around. We have a week to go to the last of this football season. Lets hope we can get it together and if not there may need to be reflection on next year before we loose it all. Recruits don't like what they see as well as some of us.

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?