WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 4, 2008

    I hate that I have to report on this at all but "Rod"saga continues in Mon County Court

    As I have read from numerous accounts there were "key" victories for both sides in Judge Stone's Court. He granted Rod's motion to allow evidence of "fraud in the inducement" to be before the Jury. However, he simultaneously granted WVU's motion to have "all" documentation surrounding Rod's hiring at MU. So, this saga looks to continue until late into the summer. :(

    DaGeek

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    DickRod has quite a few things to worry about these days. His lawyer compared his plight to slavery this week.

    "It's like back before the Civil War when slaves had the right to buy their freedom," attorney Marv Robon argued. "A penalty of $4 million is almost like a slave from Africa trying to buy his freedom in America."

    And their top returning offensive lineman, Justin Boren is transferring. (possibly to OSU) and had some disparaging remarks on his way out.

    I have great trouble accepting that those family values have eroded in just a few months. ... That I am unable to perform under these circumstances at the level I expect of myself, and my teammates and Michigan fans deserve, is why I have made the decision to leave.”

    UM has only one other O-lineman w/ any experience and were recruiting J. Boren's brother Mike who will now also likely head to OSU.

    Anonymous said...

    The latest I'm hearing is that DickRod's legal team may request a change of venue within West Virginia. I hear they may request the Eastern Panhandle in hopes of getting Washington D.C. commuters on the jury, or to Huntington where the jury would be more filled with Marshall loyalties.

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?