WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 4, 2012

    Orange Bowl GAME DAY IS UPON US... Da Geek's Prediction


    So at the beginning of the season I said that WVU would be playing in a BCS Bowl.  WVU is in fact in the Orange Bowl.  The season began with excitement and anticipation to see just what Coach Holgorsen and this team could do. WVU had a few bumps in the road that would eventually arrive in Miami, but the fact is that the Eers have arrived and are ready to mix it up with Clemson.

    There have been very few locations where WVU is even mentioned throughout the bowl season.  ESPN "experts" have all but written the Eers off in this game. The same can be said for the Orange Bowl itself.  I have watched just about all of the "pregame" shows.  I simply haven't seen a lot of love for the Eers or this game.  In fact, I learned today from Brad Nessler that WVU is actually in the Commonwealth of Virginia.  (That brought to you by the same network that hired Craig James.)  But negative energy seems to be a positive when it comes to Bowl Game outcomes for WVU.  I would note that UGA and Oklahoma both remember how they were going to dominate WVU.  Well that didn't happen.  Tonight's game promises to be entertaining.   Regardless of the outcome, I am damn proud to be a Mountaineer!!!

    Yes, I am going to make my ever bold prediction:  WVU 38 Clemson 35. 

    I plan on doing a seasons end recap following tonight's game with the Tigers.  But in the meantime go Eers!


    Da Geek

    (I have been waiting to make this post so that I could give a shout out to my good buddy Orangefan who so diligently pointed out that Syracuse nation would be laughing at WVU playing in the Beef O'Brady's Bowl while they enjoyed their BCS fun.  As it turns out my wonderful friend your team is going to get to watch all of the games from good ole New York. Please laugh it up.)

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    i concur. I'll go w/ 40-37

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?