WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, December 28, 2008

    Pat White is S P E C I A L

    I attended Saturday's Meineke Car Care Bowl in Charlotte to witness Pat White's last game as a Mountaineer. Many fans were disappointed that WVU's season did not result in a better bowl situation. However, the tumultuous season resulted in an opportunity for me to see Pat White in person one final time and for that I must say I'm grateful.

    I want to thank DaGeek and Greg for coming down to enjoy the game and festivities. DaGeek, you and I have been sharing ups and downs in WVU sports for many years now and the moment wouldn't have felt as special without you there. Many WVU fans made the trip and we represented our team very well. Though UNC fans may have slightly outnumbered us in the stadium, the tailgating was easily dominated by WVU fans on the side of the stadium we were on. To their credit however, the Tarheel faithful were very gracious in the loss and handled themselves with class.

    Last season, after watching Owen Schmitt break down in his post game interview, I knew somewhere that DaGeek was fighting back the tears with him. I poked a little fun at DaGeek for that, but this year, I understood a lot better. As I walked out of Bank of America Stadium yesterday afternoon, my emotions were running high in the realization that I'd just witnessed the end of the college career of the greatest football player to ever play for WVU. And Pat White is more than just a great football player. Bill Stewart may say some odd things at times, but I think he put it best when he said “I hope my son, Blaine, who's 14, grows up to be just like him. Not the quarterback, the man,” Thanks for the memories #5.

    Weezie

    2 comments:

    Mike said...

    Fitting that White's best passing game of the season came in the bowl. He actually looked like a pure passer too (lets ignore the 21 rushes). He kept his pocket presence well and completed over 81% of his passes. Not too shabby, at least he went out on top. The Mountaineers are 0-3 when his rating dips below 100, so the success of their offense is entirely dependent on his passing ability. I'm glad he came alive (I can't stand UNC).

    I like your blog by the way. I think it would attract a good following at www.collegefanz.com, the largest college sports site on the net.

    Our blogs are free and simple, and come with a built in fanbase! We have some Mountaineers fans already there and we're looking for a WVU blogger.

    Take a look around the site and let me know what you think at mgleeson@collegefanz.com

    I look forward to hearing from you!

    Mike

    wvlawgeek said...

    Mike thanks for commenting... as you can see I have placed a link to your site on the left side of my blog. As for Mr. White what can be said but wow!!!

    Thanks for the kind words Weezie

    DaGeek

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?