WV Law Geek's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 19, 2008

    WVU gets 10th commit and it is a big one.


    Well we are now seeing that Coach Holliday is also ready to bring home the bacon. I am very impressed with this 3 star get. He is fast and I believe he will give us the depth that we are seeking at running back. We are well on our way to a great recruiting season. One thing I love about this kid is that he is going to graduate early and attend WVU in the Spring. This is a great get.


    "Daquan Hargrett, a 5-foot-9, 185 pounder described as another version of Avon Cobourne with speed, called WVU Holliday today with the good news that he would be the Mountaineers' 10th commitment for the class of 2009. Noted as the 18th APB in the nation by Rivals, Hargrett said he liked to run it as well as catch it, "but I guess I consider myself more of a running back," he said.And for good reason. Rival coaches say that Hargrett makes people miss and has good explosion to the crease. At the same time, he has lateral speed sideline-to-sideline punch and quickly gets into a second gear.Timed at 4.35 at a combine at Dolphins Stadium, Hargrett has been a serious sprinter since he was 13 years old. He ran an 11.13 100 meters to qualify for the Junior Olympics in Indianapolis in middle school. His personal best in the 100m is 10.5 running for the Metro-Dade Track Club last summer." ---http://www.wvsports.com/

    "Hargrett ... plans to graduate from Northwestern [a 6A school in Miami-Dade] in December and enroll at West Virginia in January. That’s another example of the planning with which he has conducted his scholastic career. “Once I found out you can graduate and enroll early, I got into the right classes so I can graduate and get the best GPA I can,” Hargrett said. “I’m waiting to take the ACT this summer, and I should be in good shape to get everything done and come to West Virginia in January.” As for his future home, Hargrett hasn’t seen it yet. He will, however, be traveling to West Virginia at the end of June for the one-day rising senior camp, and doesn’t anticipate any surprises. “I feel like West Virginia is the spot for me,” he explained. “The coaches were great with me. We just built great relationships right from the start. I talked with Coach Holliday once a week, and he is just a phenomenal guy. He’s very genuine and easy to talk to. Everything we talked about, it just made me feel at home.”"--- http://www.blueandgoldnews.com/ Immage was also property of B&G.

    Da Geek

    No comments:

    Youtube Highlights for South Florida Game

    Big East Champions

    Bruce Irvin

    Pat White 15 Touchdowns Just to remind you of how fun scoring can be...

    Geno Smith Video By Dougitydog

    How important are early verbal commitments?

    How many pushups do you predict Brock will press in Marshall game?